Last updated: September 8, 2020
Pango LLC. (“Pango” which may be herein referred to either as “we”; “us”; “Pango”; and/or “Intersections”
You understand and agree that the Sites are semi-public and provided to you on an AS IS and AS AVAILABLE basis. We disclaim all responsibility and liability for the availability, timeliness, security or reliability of the Sites. The opinions expressed on the Sites are not necessarily the opinions of us and may or may not be totally accurate. We also reserve the right to modify, suspend or discontinue the Sites with or without notice at any time and without any liability to you.
Please note the arbitration provision set forth below, which may require you to arbitrate any claims you may have against Pango on an individual basis. EXCEPT WHERE AND TO THE EXTENT PROHIBITED BY LAW, WHICH MAY INCLUDE THE PROVINCE OF QUEBEC, ARBITRATION ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS MEANS THAT YOU WILL NOT HAVE, AND YOU WAIVE, THE RIGHT FOR A JUDGE OR JURY TO DECIDE YOUR CLAIMS, AND THAT YOU MAY NOT PROCEED IN A CLASS, CONSOLIDATED, OR REPRESENTATIVE CAPACITY.
- Intellectual Property Ownership
- Use of Pango Content
- Contributor Disclosure
- User Submissions, Forums and Public Areas
- License Grant
- Rules for Posting Questions and Comments in Forums and Public Areas
- Posts that contain your full name(s), or any other confidential identifiable information of yourself or others;
- Using a public area for any purpose in violation of local, state, federal, or international laws;
- Posting material that infringes on the rights of others, including copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets, publicity or privacy rights;
- Posting material that is unlawful, obscene,derogatory, defamatory, threatening, harassing, abusive, slanderous, hateful, or embarrassing to any other person or entity as determined by Pango in its sole discretion;
- Posting advertisements, solicitations or spam links to other websites or individuals, without prior written permission from Pango;
- Posting chain letters or pyramid schemes;
- Impersonating another business, person or entity, including Pango, its related entities, employees and agents;
- Registering under more than one name and/or e-mail address;
- Distributing viruses or other harmful computer code;
- Harvesting or otherwise collecting information about others, including email addresses, without their consent;
- Allowing any other person or entity to use your identification for posting or viewing comments;
- Posting any communications that victimizes, harasses, degrades, or intimidates an individual or group of individuals on the basis of religion, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, age or disability;
- Engaging in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits any other person from using or enjoying the public area or the Sites, or which, in the judgment of Pango, exposes Pango or any of its customers, partners or suppliers to any liability or detriment of any type; and/or
- After receiving a warning, continuing to disrupt the normal flow of dialogue, or posting comments that are not related to the topic being discussed (unless it is clear the discussion is free-form).
- Use of RSS and Comment Feeds
- Display the Feeds in a manner that does not permit successful linking to or direction to our Sites;
- Insert any intermediate page or other content between the link displayed on your website and the landing page for the content on our Sites;
- Edit, modify, alter, or create derivative works of the text, content or links supplied by us;
- Use any robot, spider, other device or manual process to monitor or copy any content from the Feeds;
- Sell, retransmit, or commercially exploit the Feeds, headlines or content in any manner except as expressly permitted by us in writing;
- Incorporate advertising into the Feeds as displayed on your site; or Use the Feeds for any unlawful purpose or in violation of the rights of others
- Sites that incite hatred whether based on race, religion, gender, sexuality, or otherwise;
- Sites that promote, encourage or facilitate violence;
- Sites that discriminate against any specific social group;
- Sites that promote, facilitate, or encourage illegal activity; or
- Sites which are misleading, pornographic, defamatory or that contain illegal or otherwise actionable content under applicable law.
- Record the dialogue in public areas on the Sites.
- Terminate a user’s access to any portions or pages of the Sites.
- Monitor, edit, or disclose any communication made on or through the Sites.
- Disclaimer of Warranties
- Indemnity and Limitation of Liability
- Children and Teens
- Links to External Sites
- Procedure for Making a Claim of Copyright Infringement
- an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
- a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
- a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Sites;
- your address, telephone number, and email address;
- a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your Notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
- Choice of Law
- Agreement to Arbitrate
- Amendment and Termination
- Contact Us
The Sites contain copyrighted material, trademarks and other proprietary information, including comments,
articles, information, catalogs, brochures, data, text, software, photos, logos, video and graphics (“Content”).
All Content and intellectual property rights in such Content are the sole property of Pango and its
Additionally, the names, trademarks, service marks, and logos of Pango belong exclusively to Pango and are protected from reproduction, imitation, dilution or confusing or misleading uses under national and international trademark and copyright laws. All other trademarks, service marks, and logos (including third-party product names) are the property of their respective owners. The use or misuse of these trademarks is expressly prohibited, and nothing stated or implied on these Sites confers on you any license or right under any patent or trademark of Pango or any third party.
You may only use the Sites and the Content offered on the Sites only for INTERNAL OR PERSONAL purposes, and not
for any commercial purposes. Pango authorizes you to view or download a single copy of the material on the Sites
solely for your internal or personal use so long as you do not remove the copyright and other proprietary rights
notices that were contained in the Content. You may not use the Sites to sell a product or service; however, you
may use them to obtain information about potentially engaging in business with us.
You may not copy, modify, distribute, upload, publish, transmit, display, reproduce, transfer, post, participate in the transfer or sale, create derivative works, or in any way exploit the Content of the Sites or any portion of such Content without prior written consent of Pango. You may not use any data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools on the Content, frame any portion of the Sites or Content, or reproduce, reprint, copy, store, publicly display, broadcast, transmit, modify, translate, port, publish, sublicense, assign, transfer, sell, loan, or otherwise distribute the Content without our prior written consent. You may not circumvent any mechanisms included in the Content for preventing the unauthorized reproduction or distribution of the Content. You are responsible for all activities that may arise or occur to your system or your network during your visit to any Site.
Certain contributors on the Sites are compensated to provide content on topics of interest to the Sites’ users. Contributions that contain endorsements of Pango products or services and are made by individuals with material connections to Pango will be identified as such. While such contributors may receive compensation, the content is editorial and based on their opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics, services, or products. The views and opinions expressed within Pango blogs belong purely to the authors. Any product, claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party in question.
Certain places within the Sites, such as forums, blog pages or other public areas, may allow users to post
comments or communications that are publicly accessible and non-confidential. The content and communications
posted within these areas is largely controlled by our users. Pango, or the party hosting such a public area,
has no control over such content and cannot guarantee the accuracy or reliability of any such content or
communications. Thus, the responsibility for what is posted on these pages of the Sites lies with each user —
you alone are responsible for material you post.
Neither Pango nor any third-party host of such a public area claims ownership of any of the information or material that you transmit, distribute, post, communicate, or store on, to, or through the Sites. Therefore, by submitting any such material or communication to the Sites, you warrant that you own or otherwise control all the rights to any content or communications submitted by you to the Sites and that you will not upload or transmit any communications or content of any type that infringes upon or violates any rights of any party. By submitting communications or content to any part of the Sites, you agree that such submission is non-confidential and is not otherwise protected by any other law, including privacy, publicity, copyright or trademark law.
If you submit information to any forms on the Sites, you will provide complete, accurate and current
information. You may not impersonate any person or entity, misrepresent your affiliation with a person or
entity, or misrepresent the origin of any content you submit to us through the Sites.
If you make any submission to or communications on the Sites, you automatically grant, or warrant that the owner of such content has expressly granted Pango, a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, unlimited, nonexclusive license to use, reproduce, create derivative works from, modify, publish, edit, translate, distribute, perform, and display the communication or content material in any media or medium, or any form, format, or forum now known or hereafter developed. Pango may sublicense its rights through multiple tiers of sublicenses.
Pango does not control the content or communications of any of the public areas on the Sites. However, Pango
does have the right, but not the obligation, to monitor public areas to ensure the content and communications in
such areas are within the spirit of the purpose of the Sites and do not otherwise violate these Terms of
Users who violate these provisions shall be liable for any claim, action, damage or harm caused to Pango, the
user and any other injured party. Furthermore, Pango may terminate the account of any person who violates these
or remove any material submitted to the Sites for any reason, including material that we, in our sole
discretion, find to be in violation of the provisions hereof, or otherwise objectionable or stale.
Notwithstanding this right of ours, users shall remain solely responsible for the content of their messages. You acknowledge and agree that neither us nor any of our affiliates shall assume or have any liability for any action or inaction by us with respect to any conduct by users within the Sites or any communication or posting on the Sites.
BY DOWNLOADING, USING, OR SUBSCRIBING TO AN RSS FEED OR COMMENT FEED (“FEEDS”) FROM THE SITES, YOU AGREE THAT
DOWNLOADING, OR SUBSCRIBING TO A FEED.
Pango grants you a non-transferable, non-sublicensable, royalty free non-exclusive license to display on your website or in your newsreader platform the headlines, active links, and other information or materials that you specifically select to receive via the Feeds. The Feeds are protected by U.S. and international copyright laws. All rights in and to these Feeds, including the content and technology, are reserved to Pango and/or Intersections LLC.
The Feeds may be used only with those platforms and newsreaders from which a functional link is made available that, when accessed, takes the viewer directly to the display of the full article on one of the Sites. You understand and agree that the Feeds that are provided may include footers to assure proper attribution for the content.
By using the Feeds, you agree not to:
By using the Feeds, you also agree not to use the Feeds on the following categories of websites:
Pango reserves the right to take any other action it deems necessary to protect the personal safety of our guests, visitors, or the public.
EXCEPT WHERE AND TO THE EXTENT PROHIBITED BY LAW, THE SITES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS”. Pango MAKES NO REPRESENTATION
OR WARRANTY OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON RELATING IN ANY WAY TO THE SITES, OR ANY WEBSITE
OR THAT MAY BE ACCESSIBLE DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY THROUGH THE SITES, TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Pango
DISCLAIMS IMPLIED WARRANTIES THAT THE SITES ARE MERCHANTABLE, OF SATISFACTORY QUALITY, ACCURATE, TIMELY, FIT FOR
A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NEED, OR NON-INFRINGING. NO ORAL OR WRITTEN INFORMATION OR ADVICE GIVEN BY Pango OR A
REPRESENTATIVE SHALL CREATE A WARRANTY. Pango MAY MAKE CHANGES OR IMPROVEMENTS TO THE CONTENT AND FUNCTIONALITY
OF THE SITES AT ANY TIME, WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE TO YOU.
When using the Sites, information will be transmitted over a medium which is beyond the control and jurisdiction of Pango, its partners, advertisers, and sponsors. Accordingly, Pango assumes no liability for or relating to the delay, failure, interruption, or corruption of any data or other information transmitted in connection with use of the Sites. WE DO NOT GUARANTEE THAT THE SITES WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, OR THAT THEY ARE ERROR-FREE, RELIABLE, WITHOUT INTERRUPTION OR AVAILABLE AT ALL TIMES. WE DO NOT GUARANTEE THAT YOU WILL BE ABLE TO ACCESS OR USE THE SITES (EITHER DIRECTLY OR THROUGH THIRD-PARTY NETWORKS) AT ALL TIMES OR LOCATIONS OF YOUR CHOOSING.
FURTHER, Pango DOES NOT ENDORSE AND MAKES NO WARRANTY REGARDING THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF ANY OPINION, INFORMATION, ADVICE OR STATEMENT ON THE SITES. IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO EVALUATE THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS OR USEFULNESS OF ANY INFORMATION, OPINION, ADVICE OR OTHER CONTENT AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITES. PLEASE SEEK THE ADVICE OF PROFESSIONALS, AS APPROPRIATE, REGARDING THE EVALUATION OF ANY SPECIFIC INFORMATION, OPINION, ADVICE OR OTHER CONTENT ON THE SITES.
You indemnify and hold Pango and its affiliates, officers, directors, employees, and agents harmless from any
claim or demand, including, without limitation, reasonable legal fees, made by any third party due to or arising
at your expense, assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter for which you are required to indemnify
Pango, and you agree to cooperate with Pango’s defense of these claims. Pango will use reasonable efforts to
notify you of any such claim, action, or proceeding upon becoming aware of it.
Except where and to the extent prohibited by law, in no event shall Pango, its partners, sponsors, advertisers, agents or licensors, or any third parties mentioned on the Sites be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, incidental, consequential or other indirect damages, personal injury/wrongful death, lost profits, or damages resulting from lost data or business interruption) resulting from the use or inability to use the Sites, whether based on warranty, contract, tort, or any other legal theory, and whether or not Pango is advised of the possibility of such damages. Except where and to the extent prohibited by law, Pango is not liable for any personal injury, including death, caused by your use or misuse of the Sites or public areas.
Registration as a user or subscriber with the Sites may require both a user name and a password, and certain portions of the Sites may require use of multiple one time or persistent passwords. You should consider your usernames and passwords as confidential information. Anyone with knowledge of both your user name and password can gain access to the restricted portions of the Sites and to your account. You must keep your user name and password confidential. You shall immediately notify us if you become aware of any loss or theft of your password or any unauthorized use of your user name and password. WE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE ARISING FROM YOUR FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH THESE OBLIGATIONS. We reserve the right to delete or change a user name or password at any time and for any reason.
The Sites are not intended for use by children. By submitting information to the Sites, you warrant that you are above the age of majority.
The Sites may contain links to third party websites or resources. Pango does not control these other websites and resources and is not responsible for their availability, content, or delivery of services. Pango makes no representations whatsoever about such other websites or resources. The inclusion of any link to a website does not imply endorsement by Pango of that website or its entities, products or services. All warranties, conditions, or other terms, express or implied, as to any such linked website, including, without limitation, as to the accuracy, ownership, validity, or legality of any content of a linked website, are hereby excluded. It is your sole responsibility to take any precautions to ensure that whatever you select for your use is free of items such as viruses, worms, trojan horses, and other items of a malicious nature.
We respect the intellectual property of others. If you believe that your work has been copied and is accessible
on the Sites in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please follow the instructions below on how to
contact us to report possible copyright infringement.
Please email [email protected] and provide the following information:
Use will be posted by Pango and your continued use of the Sites following such changes constitutes your
agreement to be bound by such changes.
P.O. Box 222455
Chantilly, VA 20153-2455